12/2/14

Raining In My Heart



It was not a particularly sad day when I created this page, but it seemed to evolve in to sad page.  Subliminal, perhaps?
 I started with a neutral background, adding some text collage pieces.  
The bold red heart came next.  I was going for contrast against the background.  
To continue with the contrasting theme, I added bright blue paint drips from the top of the page.  
When the paint ran over the heart, it became rain.
I finished off the page with some stenciling with texture paste and  black spatters.
The rainy heart seemed to call for the text "stiches."
The chevron stamp was one I hand carved. 


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love this! Those text stitches make it! This is as evocative as a poem!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...